Sunday 31 December 2017

My 2017 Spotify List

Here is my traditional list of favourite albums and songs of 2017. (Click link to listen here)

Like every year, the first 5 songs of the list represent my preferred albums. Slowdive is all the way up there with their comeback album. Their nice concert on Rock en Seine added to making them the #1 this year.

(click on image to enlarge)

There are 3 funny things about this list:
  1. From my Top 5 albums, I only knew Mount Eerie before 2017 started - it has been a year of discovering a lot of new bands.
  2. I think this list is the least in line with what everybody else has in their list this year (No Kendrick, War on Drugs, Vince Staples or SZA for me).
  3. Almost all my preferred music this year was released in the first half of the year.
What follows are my preferred songs of this years. Some lesser work from The XX, The National, Iron & Wine, Lana, Benjamin Clementine this year unfortunately.

(click on image to enlarge)
Many thanks to den Humo, Spotify's 'Discover Weekly' and Dalons for tips and discussions.

Hope you enjoy the 2017 list, and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment